The sponsorship tax relief, or the so-called tax relief for CSR, is a mechanism designed to support entities operating in the spheres of culture, sport, science and higher education. It enables the deduction from the tax base of up to 50% of the costs incurred by entrepreneurs for cultural activities, cooperation with universities and sports sponsorship.
Who can use the tax relief?
The deduction is available to all entrepreneurs operating in Poland, both sole entrepreneurs and companies/partnerships.
Thanks to the sponsorship tax relief, entrepreneurs will be able to additionally deduct 50% of the costs incurred for the indicated areas of activity from the income tax base (PIT and CIT).
Support for higher education:
- financing of scholarships for students for academic or sport performance
- financing of scholarships for doctoral students
- costs of fees connected with education of an employed person on post-graduate studies and other forms of education –
- financing of the salaries of students doing internships and placements
Sponsorship of sports activities:
- financing of sports club activities
- financing of sports scholarships
- sponsorship of sports events (other than mass sports events)
Support for cultural activities:
- financing of cultural institutions
- financing of cultural activities carried out by art academies and public art schools.
If the sponsorship tax relief is used, costs that are not subject to reimbursement to the taxpayer in any way are deductible. The tax relief will be deducted in the return for the tax year in which the costs are incurred.